Monday, February 6, 2012

Texting Satire


We have all seen someone texting while driving, and I am pretty sure that everyone has done it in their lifetime. Some of the people ended their "lifetime" by sending a message while behind the wheel. Even with all the ads that say text messaging is extremely dangerous while driving, people (especially teenagers) still do it. Why? Because apparently we are all stupid. Almost every night, there is something on the news about how someone was killed by a texting driver. I highly doubt someone saying "lol" or "OMG!" is more important than a life. 

To make matters worse, people who are caught try to defend it by saying "Well it's ok, I drive with my knees", or "I'm a great driver, so nothing's going to happen." Last time I checked, humans aren't invincible or immortal. Stop being idiots, and put the stupid phone down. And if it's that important, PULL OVER. The fact that looking at your cellphone while driving can result in someone's death should be enough incentive to leave your phone alone for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment